Happy New Year? My word for the year 2023-try.

 Well, Happy New Year. What ever the fuck that means. I am having a bad day already and it's just started. I'm tired of being the one that looks the other way , the one seeing some good in people that isn't really there. 

I am a fool to care about anyone who does not care about me.I do not like being quiet about how I feel anymore. I started thinking about making a resolution this year. I usually think of something and forget it pretty quickly. This year I thought I really wanted to be kinder. But it may be too hard. when there are so many entitled ,hate filled people. I want to pass on kindness, but sometimes it seems impossible to show kindness to ignorant , mean people. I want to show my granddaughter a grandma worth remembering. 

I mean what's the point of having lived if the world would have been better without you. I want her to see me act kind to people who don't seem on the surface at least  to deserve kindness. I want her to know we do not know what others are going through . Recently there have been a number of suicides in the news . That is why I'm thinking about trying to be kinder. I do not feel like I am the one that can pull someone in from the ledge but I do not want to be the ONE that's the last straw , the one that finally topples them over.                                                                                                                                                                                         I will try to be kinder. I am not saying i will not swear at drivers that i think are IDIOTS! I will actually TRY to be kind to those I do not even know. I'll hold a door. I help pick up dropped groceries. I'll tip the server that forgot something. I will give out compliments , especially to people who look like they could use one. I like to think I am a kind person but recent events have tried my patience. I will try. It's the best that this old lady can do. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radiation for Breast cancer after reconstruction. ROCK Hard Breast.

Why does life go so damn fast?

Someday's it's hard to keep going, so I sit down!