18 months later, after chemo, after radiation #cancersucks #feelingdown #18months. #letrozole

I am unsure why,but, today I woke up in a foul mood. Usually I can shake it . Today not. I saw my oncologist this week and got some encouraging words. It has been 18 months since I finished radiation (I had chemo before that. ) ,and looks like this summer I will be getting rid of my port used for chemo. Yay , right? The benefit to that is I will graduate from going to the oncologist every 6 months instead of every three. It's kind of funny as I actually thought I was done after chemo. I wasn't sure during chemo that I was even going to have radiation. I guess we did discuss it but sometimes at the doctor I fade out and just don't listen. Not in my best interest. 
I am not physically up to some stuff that I was before my cancer treatment began. In fact I am tired and have daily pain. I thought by now I would be feeling back to normal and now I think this may be as far as I'm going to go. I am feeling particularly discouraged today. No reason that I can pinpoint. 
I am still on medication that works to prevent my breast cancer from returning . I really thought the double mastectomy would of done the job. Funny , I am not that much of an optimist but I thought after the surgery The doctor was going to say' we got it all, your cancer free', like I saw on television doctor shows.
But there was a lymph node that was positive. That is when something positive is negative.  By that I mean just not a good thing. 
So in just 8 and a half years , I might be considered cancer free. If I am still her in 8 years.
 For right now its deal with the pain as best I can and try to keep doing what I can. Sometimes I feel alone. I do not want company, when I feel like I do today ,I just want to be left alone.
So now I will read and think about how much I need to cut my hair ,considering I was bald 1 year ago. Its me a book and my letrozole.  g'night

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radiation for Breast cancer after reconstruction. ROCK Hard Breast.

Why does life go so damn fast?

Someday's it's hard to keep going, so I sit down!