Cancer--took so long for the doctors to speak the word

It's been awhile since I've wanted to start writing about going through cancer treatment. It all started a few months back when I was going to have my yearly physical. I might mention I hate going to the doctors. I knew it was time for my annual Mammogram too. Hate those even more. I always get the tech having a bad day . She squeezes my boobs into the machine ,which is too high. I tell her this she does not care. I stand on my toes so not to pull my boobage off my chest wall. Then she insist while I am still trapped in the machine to "please, do not stand on your toes." Then I do what I am told she pushes some buttons and I am ready to go on my merry way . (right after I check to see if my nipples are on the wall somewhere). But no she says wait she says! The next couple of days I wait to see my PC (primary Care ) doctor. Dr Shoenfeld, I like him a lot , it's just a hassle going. peeing in a cup , blood draws, getting weighed. Hey at least that was good I was down 16 lbs!! hoo hoo. I go home to await test results. In the meantime I told the doc, that I did the mammo first because I did feel a lump.
         Well a few days later a call usually suffices and doc says yada yada yada see you in a year. But no, this time I have to go in to get the results. So I know it's bad news. My doctor being the kind hearted person he is ,  only says there was something suspicious on your mammo. I want you to see another doctor. Did he say surgeon? I wasn't sure . I knew then I had cancer, he didn't have to say it. So I go in a couple of days to a new doctor , oh joy! The name on the building was Some person's name Barry something I think. But it had a small title underneath cancer center. I spoke with the doctor she was nice,  but still no mention of the "c" word. I wanted straight up answers , and was told go back where you went and now get a 3D Mammo. There is something that looks suspicious in your right breast. Well I went to a different Center, but the same business ,Zwanger Presiri. I didn't want bitchy woman giving me this mammo.
Told this lady I was short and she believed me ,didn't hurt at all , which surprised me.Had to wait again for results  but I knew any way , just needed to know what  we were going to do . So I saw Dr Hodyl, my surgeon. She showed me the mammo films and yep, she still does not say the "c" word. Let's get a biopsy or 3 . 2in the right breast and one in the left. There is something small in the left breast. So again I have to wait. In the meantime I said Dr. Hodyl I want to know if it's cancer I just want to move forward and do what ever we have to do. But I did not feel afraid. I am still not afraid. 
But no, Id still have to wait to hear a doctor say you have cancer, it seems to be like that on television , it was not what happened in my case. 

And wait you do and wait .
I will continue next post. until then God bless 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radiation for Breast cancer after reconstruction. ROCK Hard Breast.

Why does life go so damn fast?

Someday's it's hard to keep going, so I sit down!